YouDo service platform is a convenient way to make your order ↓
- Proven catering services avaliable in Kolkata: choose affordable cost from existing bids
- contact the most reliable contractor among the top rated service providers in Kolkata city
- enjoy the result and benefit up to 50%
Why do you need catering services?
Food is one of the most essential components of every social gathering. Be it a wedding ceremony, an anniversary, a birthday or any other event catering services play an important part. Everyone wants to spend their day of happiness enjoying delicious lunch or dinner with their loved ones. In order to avoid the task of cooking, cleaning and serving one should avail help from professional food catering services avaliable for hire in Kolkata City.
What makes a good caterer?
Food is the most essential part of your daily existence. But when you gather people on a special occasion you try to treat them with food that not only feeds their appetites but is also a treat to their taste buds. Thus you hire good caterers, to ensure good food and excellent service.
- The most basic work of a catering business is preparing food. If the food is awful it won’t matter how beautifully the venue is decorated or how carefully the place settings are arranged, clients would be disappointed. You must have enough cooking experience to make recipe substitutions, plan menus, and prepare, reheat and transport large amounts of food safely. You must also ensure that the quality of the food is maintained and it is hygienic.
- Customer service. Caterers work along with clients to design a menu. A caterer must be courteous, tactful, and diplomatic is necessary, as you may need to persuade a client to substitute an ingredient or change a dish. Good communication and people skills are also vital.
- Flexibility & creativity. Recipes may need to be adjusted to cope with food allergies, and cooking methods may have to be altered to conform to religious dietary requirements or personal preferences.
- A caterer has to manage a staff of cooks, servers, cleaners, and dishwashers, while ensuring their team is aware of their schedules, place settings, serving customs, and food safety regulations. If even one of these fails than the even might turn out to be a disaster.
- A caterer must always be motivated and should not be disheartened. It is obvious that a catering business is somewhat seasonal. There are certain seasons when a caterer has to work day and night and there may be times when they do not have work for several months. Despite of all that a caterer must always be at the top of his game.
- Financial planning. A good caterer can cost more than an average one, but a good caterer know a trick or two on how to save your money. He is excellent with budget planning and he also has a lot of connections that will surely help you to get better prices.
- Getting your business noticed is important and in catering, a good network of contacts is the most essential part of it. Caterer must have a good relationship with florists, venue organizers, event planners and a variety of other services so that he could pull off a big event.
- Attention to details. Not just food, the service provider has to take charge of some décor, such as table arrangements and food presentation. These small details are always noticed by clients. Attention to detail earns you a good name and a profit.
How do I find a reliable catering company in Kolkata near me?
There are a number of catering companies ready to help you, you just need to know where to look. You can ask your friends who had similar experience or you can look through your local Kolkata papers in order to find one. You can also save your time and use such sites as YouDo. It is an online service aggregator which connects service providers and service seekers. YouDo will provide you with a list trusted catering companies in your area.
But before you actually hire a service provider make sure to check the following:
- Is the company you are going to hire experienced in the sphere? Can provide services you need?
- Before hiring a contractor a thorough background check must be conducted. Feedback from previous employers can give you a lot of useful information.
- Check the average catering prices and do not overpay. Prices may vary depending on the menu, number of guests and the service you need. Food truck catering cost will differ from corporate event.
- Additional services. Check if the cooking company specializes in wedding caterer services or corporate events catering services.
After a thorough check you will be ready to make an informed decision.